I really do love NYC! As I said in 10 Things To Know About Me, I’m a big city girl living in a small city world! Recently a few people have asked me for recommendations on what to see and do in NYC. If you’re lucky enough to be heading to my favorite city soon, make sure to check out some of these places!
We tend to spend more time in the central areas than midtown, but I’ve highlighted the places we like in each area! We usually stay in Union Square or Greenwich when we visit. There is a great W Hotel in Union Square!
- The Loeb Boathouse: sit and eat or drink and watch the rowboats
- Bethesda Fountain: by the boat house, so pretty!
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) – I really love this museum! It has VanGough and Monet and more. I went straight to the top floors to see all the artist I knew. There’s also a restaurant inside. This is the perfect place to go if it’s cold or nasty outside!
- Rockefeller Center – enough said, go!
- St. Patricks Cathedral- stunning and you can go in for free!
Bryant park – I fell in love with New York here!
- During the holidays there is an ice skating rink and pop-up shop.
- Eat at Bryant Park Grill
- Chelsea Market: tons of places in here to eat. I’ve also seen Chelsea Market tours and heard that they are amazing so that might be worth checking out. Good pop-up and market shopping in here! This is also a good place to go if it’s cold out.
- Laduree – french macaroons in Soho. These sweet thangs are life changing!
- Aritzia, Zara and TopShop are some of my favorite stores in SoHo that I can afford lol!
- There’s also a sam Edelman store on Spring Street
- Oh COS, you have to go here! This is H&M’s designer line and I flippin’ love it! Think classics with an edgy twist. It’s also on Spring street.
Meat Packing District: Nice area to wander up and down the streets checking out shops.
- Bubby’s Highline – delicious pancakes
- The Standard Hotel – drinks and apps in the bar (pictured above). There’s also the Boom Boom Room, a.k.a The Top of The Standard (pictured above), at the top of the hotel. Try and get here earlier for drinks and appetizers. Reservations are best and you want to make sure you look nice. Watching the sun set over the Hudson in this gold, retro beauty is a MUST!
- Walk the Highline – can take to/from the standard/Chelsea market
- Washington park! (picrtured above) – eat brunch at Greenwich Project and walk over to the park
- Murray’s Cheese Bar – they serve cheese flights! it’s amazing and one of my favorite places!
- Rosemary’s – yummy cute place for lunch or dinner!
- Steven by Steve Madden on Blecker Street – I believe this is their flagship store. I dunno, but you can find new stuff that isn’t out and awesome sales on some non-steve madden shoes too (don’t ask; I found some Dolce Vita’s in there I really wanted) It’s definitely worth popping into if you are walking by!
- Eataly – Great place to grab a bite or dessert. It’s a large indoor market with multiple small restaurants.
- Stumptown Coffee, located in the Ace Hotel. I love their jasmine tea and the hubs more than approves of their coffee.
- Dear Irving – speakeasy bar
- Friend of a Farmer – Brunch! I haven’t been here but want to go!
- Irving Farm Coffee Roasters – coffee and pastries
Side note items:
- See if you can get Jimmy Fallon tickets. I always wait too long!
- There is a discount ticket stand in Time Square: TKTS. You can get last minute tickets to broadway shows at a huge discount. If you’re flexible on what shows then this is a great way to go!
Go explore my favorite city babes!! Share any other NYC gems you think I’m missing in the comments below. I’ll check them out the next time I’m there!